Kristine D’Arbelles and Julia Kent come back for a second episode this week. We talk about continuing formal education after graduation. It doesn’t always have to be university or college courses, there are plenty of other ways to continue learning in a formal setting.
Kristine and Julia share what they have done to keep up with trends in communications since their graduation. Julia, as the book club president, encourages young professionals to read. Kristine talks about professional development events and conferences.
Speaking of conferences, Young PR Pros will be sponsoring the University of Ottawa Public Relations Association (uOPRA) conference Let’s Grow Together 2014 Conference. The event encourages students to learn about different industries within Public Relations and Communications, similar to the Take uOPRA to Work Day series. The speakers and their respective industries include:
- Ryan Kennery, Jim Watson’s Press Secretary discussing government relations
- Elizabeth Gray-Smith, Social Columnist at iPolitics discussing corporate PR
- Mark Monahan, Executive and Artistic Director of Ottawa Bluesfest and Ottawa Folkfest representing the music industry
- Emily Scarlett, Communications and Press Manager of HM Canada
- Carrie Croft, National Communications Manager FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015 discussing sports in PR
To learn more or buy tickets visit the conference website.
Kristine will be a roving reporter for the podcast, interviewing speakers and attendees. If you are attending the conference, make sure to say hi to Kristine.
We would love to hear from you. Share your comments below, or on our Facebook Page, or on our Google+ page, or in our LinkedIn group, or on Pinterest, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a message on Twitter @youngprpros, @kristinedarbell or @kentjulia.