If you live in Ottawa and are looking for a job, you have the opportunity to work with our host Kristine D’Arbelles at the Canadian Automobile Association.
Paid Intern sought by CAA National
The Canadian Automobile Association’s national office is looking for an enthusiastic, social savvy professional looking to build their career in the not-for-profit industry. As part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to partake in a variety of projects both on and off-line, all while contributing to a safer and cleaner environment for Canadian families.
What does an average week look like?
1. Create content for CAA’s on and off-line properties:
- Assist in creation and curation of content for CAA Twitter feed.
- Assist with editing public affairs pages on CAA National’s website.
- Assist in writing articles for partner newsletters.
- Ensure content on all public affairs online products are up-to-date.
2. Help get CAA’s message out through media relations:
- Perform industry and organizational daily media monitoring of social content and news.
- Assist in compiling media lists for product or news release launches.
- Write creative pitches on CAA products and pitch to journalists or stakeholders.
3. Contribute to building communications strategies:
- Perform environmental scans to assist in social media, marketing, government relations and public affairs strategies.
4. Help keep CAA’s products current:
- CAA has Canada’s most comprehensive electric vehicle charging station map. Working with our partners, you will be tasked with ensuring the web tool is up-to-date. You will also help keep our other consumer tools current and up-to-date, such as CAA’s Driving Costs Calculator and Electric Vehicle Calculator.
What kind of skills is CAA looking for?
- Self-starter: part of working in a small team requires someone who will take initiative. We are looking for someone who will own their tasks and projects, and is not afraid to ask questions.
- Eager to learn new things: working in a small team also requires the ability to adapt and take on new tasks – even with little to no experience. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to take on new challenges.
- Creative: CAA’s audience is as diverse as Canada itself. With more than six million members of all ages that spread from coast to coast, our challenge is to find new and innovative ways of communicating our message. We are looking for a creative mind willing to explore different communications tactics – for example, building infographics or other social materials.